Google today shared a list of 10 reasons why you should switch from an iOS iPhone to an Android smartphone. The group takes the opportunity to announce that its “Switch to Android” application (available since spring) is now compatible with any smartphone running Android 12. Until now, the application only supported Pixel smartphones.
Switch from iOS to Android according to Google
Here are the 10 reasons explaining why it is necessary to switch from iOS to Android according to Google:
- Express yourself in new ways : Google highlights the Gboard keyboard (emoji type stickers), the Messages application and the RCS (SMS successor).
- Video call with anyone, anywhere : the use of Google Meet, WhatsApp and even FaceTime in the latest version of Chrome is announced.
- Listen to your favorite music : Your music will be transferred to your Android phone, as long as it has no DRM. Your purchases and content downloaded from Apple Music will still be accessible on your new Android device by downloading the Apple Music app.
- Google Play Store : equivalent to the App Store for downloading Android applications.
- Private life : Google says Android helps fight bad apps, malware, phishing, and spam, and keeps you ahead of threats. Messages, for example, helps protect users from 1.5 billion spam messages per month. Android also provides timely recommendations, such as prompting you to select your location sharing preferences when you open an app, to help you make the best decisions for your privacy.
- Ecosystem : Chromebook, watches running Wear OS, Google TV, headphones supporting Fast Pair (quick connection to a device), and a reminder that you can use AirPods.
- Optimize your work with Google apps and services : applications like Google Translate and Docs are highlighted.
- Share music, photos and more across all your devices : the Nearby Sharing function between Android and Chrome OS, as well as Google Photos.
- Personalization : Widgets are useful additions to any home screen, putting the information most important to you at your fingertips.
- Technology for everyone : Google introduces TalkBack (screen reader) and Instant Transcription tool that works offline.